Affordable Housing Discussion Paper & Program
HillPDA was engaged to assist the Northern Beaches Council advocate for key worker housing in the redevelopment precinct of Ingleside.
Our value add
The Discussion paper provides an overview of affordable housing issues, directions and approaches and attempts to answer some of the following questions:
- Why is affordable housing needed in the Northern Beaches Local Government Area?
- What is the role of local government in affordable housing?
- What is the Northern Beaches currently doing?
- How can Council influence the provision of affordable housing across the LGA?
The work included feasibility testing to show that inclusionary zoning for affordable housing could be implemented in Ingleside without jeopardising the overall economic feasibility of development.
The paper also provided a review of housing data, demographic trends and provides some context in terms of State Government Policy.
The Discussion Paper draft Program and Policy have been forwarded to the Department of Planning and Environment to support the Northern Beaches Council’s application for affordable housing in Ingleside.
- Market research
- Financial modelling
- Feasibility testing
- Demographic & trend analysis
- Affordable housing studies
- Policy review
Client: Northern Beaches Council
Project date: 2016
For more information, contact Elle Clouston, Associate