Development Contributions Plans
To replace Uralla Shire LGA’s former section 94 development contributions plans, section 7.11 and 7.12 development contributions plans were commissioned by Uralla Shire Council.
The two contributions plans, developed by HillPDA, authorised Uralla Shire Council to impose conditions on developments that require the payment of contributions to support the LGA’s infrastructure and amenities.
The section 7.11 contribution plan focused on road maintenance in the case of developments involving heavy vehicle movements. The section 7.12 plan focused on funding public facilities.
Through developing these plans, HillPDA provided a framework allowing Uralla Shire Council to source contributions from future developments.
Key elements of the project included:
- Preparing plans in accordance with the EP&A Act
- Calculating contributions rates
- Predicting likely development and demand for facilities and infrastructure
- Complying with the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000, practice notes, circulars, guidelines, and Ministerial Directions.
As a result of HillPDA’s services, Uralla Shire Council adopted new section 7.11 and section 7.12 development contributions plans on 23 November 2021. These plans have since allowed for contributions to be provided by developments in the LGA.
- Contributions planning
- Demographic analysis and projections
- Statutory policy review
Client: Uralla Shire Council
Project date: 2021
For more information, contact HillPDA Planners