St Leonards – Crows Nest
HillPDA was commissioned to undertake an infrastructure audit and prepare a schedule of propose infrastructure works for the North Sydney – Crows Nest Area. The audit drew on a wide range of information including:
- Reports prepared by technical specialists
- Infrastructure plans of Councils and the State Government Agencies
- Recent development applications and Voluntary Planning Agreements.
Discussions with Lane Cove, North Sydney and Willoughby Council officers were also undertaken to inform the infrastructure provision.
The schedule of proposed infrastructure works was developed to assist the NSW Government and relevant Councils to commence consideration of funding implications. The analysis sought to identify:
- Infrastructure needs of the Area having regard for the findings of any previous studies
- Gaps and overlaps in the previously available information
- Overlaps in planned infrastructure provision, particularly across local government area boundaries and between jurisdictions
- Items that potentially overlap with items in existing capital work programmes and/or contribution plans.
Estimates of costs of proposed infrastructure works items were also reviewed and any previously uncosted items were considered by quantity surveyors (Altus Group).
- Made provision for a comprehensive network of active transport for pedestrian cycle movement throughout the Area
- Augmented the existing social infrastructure and open space in the area to adequately support the future population of the Area
- Included roads and public transport works, in addition to those that were already committed in the Area.
The schedule included an indicative timeframe for delivery of the works.
- Stakeholder consultation
- Infrastructure audit
- Policy and gaps analysis
- Contribution scheme
- Social planning
Client: Department of Planning and Environment
Project date: 2018
For more information, contact Elizabeth Griffin, Principal