Redfern to Everligh
Transport for NSW (TfNSW) was undertaking an urban renewal project on a State Significant Precinct known as the Redfern North Eveleigh Precinct (RNE Precinct). The project had an opportunity to provide a unique mixed-use development, located within the important heritage fabric of North Eveleigh.
To support a successful outcome, TfNSW required demographics and economics services to better align the development with the needs of the local community while ensuring that the proposed land uses were feasible and responded to market demand.
To provide this, HillPDA were engaged to provide a study that:
- Undertook a complete review of the sites surrounding socio-demographic profile.
- Projected the population, employment and dwelling dynamics of the proposal and surrounding community.
- Estimated the economic benefit and job creation profile of the proposal.
- Forecast the demand for various land uses.
- Provided a precinct strategy, including a high-level economic demand study that summarised the initiatives and recommendations from the above profiles and forecasts that supported the Project’s feasibility.
HillPDA prepared a comprehensive study that addressed the study requirements provided by NSW Department of Planning and Environment. Specifically, the study:
- Identified the existing situation, including constraints, opportunities and key issues.
- Identified key employment and population drivers and trends impacting the Precinct and surrounding communities.
- Forecasted resulting and local population and employment.
- Undertook a review of local resident, worker and aboriginal socio-demographic data to understand how the proposal could support local characteristics and specialisations.
- Identified the supply and demand for various land uses and provide recommendations on an appropriate provision for particular land uses to be accommodated in the Proposal.
- Quantified the economic contribution/stimulus the Proposal would provide to the local economy.
- Socio-demographic review
- Socio-demographic and property dynamics forecasting
- Market dynamics
- Land use demand modelling
- Estimated resulting economic activity
Client: Transport for NSW
Project year: 2021
For more information, contact Nicholas Hill, Principal