Employment Lands Study
HillPDA completed an Employment Lands Review of the Penrith LGA including a stocktake of developed and undeveloped land zoned for business, industrial and urban services uses in the Penrith Local Government Area (LGA) and an analysis of economic activity, business types and job numbers by industry located within the identified employment land area.
- Established a baseline of the current capacity, uses, business types and jobs by industry by employment precinct
- Provided advice regarding whether the quantum of employment land is sufficient and the permissible land uses are appropriate to meet future demand to 2041
- Provided advice regarding whether the quantum of employment land is sufficient and the permissible land uses are appropriate to achieve the job targets and fulfil Penrith’s role in line with Greater Sydney Commission’s (GSC) Greater Sydney Region Plan and Western City District Plan (2018)
Our value add
The Review complements other studies and strategy developments to help Council respond effectively to the challenges and opportunities of growth and change in the LGA and represents the first stage in developing a future Employment Land Strategy.
Land is increasingly scarce in the Penrith to St Marys built up area and so is highly dependent on the Sydney Science Park and the remainder of the Aerotropolis lands to meet its job targets to 2041
- On-site land use and building survey
- Spatial mapping
- Forecast demand modelling
- Statutory planning
Client: Penrith City Council
Project date: Oct 19 – Apr 20
For more information, contact Adrian Hack, Principal