City of Ryde
Local Housing Strategy
HillPDA was engaged by City of Ryde to prepare a Local Housing Strategy to support the Local Strategic Planning Statement and Council policy.
The Local Housing Strategy considered
- Demographic and housing trends and forecasts across City of Ryde
- Theoretical capacity of existing centres and measures to unlock that capacity
- Existing and planned infrastructure that would support current and future populations
- Design related issues and potential responses
- Engagement outcomes from consultation with Council, a resident focus group and interviews with real estate agents.
The activities led to the development of potential options for housing delivery to meet priorities of the North District Plan and Greater Sydney Regional Plan. Potential planning controls and policy outcomes were identified that would lead to development of dwellings to meet the needs of future populations while maintaining the character and values of the City of Ryde.
HillPDA effectively managed a team of sub-consultants, including Place Design Group and Studio GL to produce a robust strategy.
The Local Housing Strategy is being integrated into the Local Strategic Planning Statement suite of policy documents. It will provide guidance for the location and delivery of housing across the City of Ryde LGA to 2036, ensuring that housing delivery targets are met.
- Strategic planning
- Land use planning
- Policy analysis
- Demographic trend analysis
- Dwelling demand and supply modelling
- GIS mapping
- Stakeholder engagement
- LEP planning control drafting
Client: City of Ryde
Project date: April 2019 – April 2020
For more information, contact HillPDA Planners