Meet the Team
Martin Hill is the founding director of HillPDA. With over 30 years of industry leadership, Martin specialises in development feasibility and strategy, financial modelling and benchmarks, economic impact and cost-benefit analysis, complex property valuations, government policy and economic growth.
Martin is a Fellow of Australian Property Institute and a certified property valuer. He has testified as an expert witness on valuation, economic impact, discount cash flow analysis, development feasibility and heritage impact to commercial viability in the NSW Land and Environment Court.
Martin has provided financial feasibility advice on many of Australia’s most complex urban renewal areas, major master plans and developments. Some of these include:
- Cooks Cove Masterplan
- Darling Harbour and City West Project
- Inclusionary zoning advisory for NSW Treasury
- Jakarta Waterfront, Malaysia
- Macquarie Park Masterplan & Infrastructure funding
- Melbourne Docklands
- Minto Urban Renewal Masterplan
- Newcastle Hunter Street Revitalisation Plan
- Parramatta Road Transformation Strategy
- Penrith Riverlink Masterplan
- Sydney Airport Masterplan
- Sydney Metro Northwest and Southwest Rail Links
- Sydney Olympic Park Masterplan
- The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai
Martin is also the founder of EstateMaster Property Software, leading the conception of their Development Feasibility (DF), Development Management (DM) and Investment Appraisal (IA) software which are now used worldwide. Martin recently sold EstateMaster to Altus Group for further expansions globally.
Committees and commissions
Martin has participated in numerous government and community committee boards and appointments and has held numerous independent directorships and commissions including:
- Member of Minister of Housing NSW Ministerial Advisory Board 2007 – 2008
- Director, Kingston Foreshore Development Authority 1999 – 2004
- Member of NSW Affordable Housing Task Force 1996
- South Sydney Development Corporation Green Square Marketing Advisory Group 1997 – 1999
- Commissioner for the Independent Hearing & Assessment Panel for the Currawong site at Pittwater 2008
- Member of the Ministerial Review Panel for the proposed listing of the Currawong site at Pittwater on the State Heritage Register 2008
Martin is a frequent guest lecturer and has held academic posts with the University of Sydney (USYD), University of Technology Sydney (UTS) and University of New South Wales (UNSW). He currently partners with UTS on the ‘Martin Hill Property Development Prize’ with the aim to encourage academic excellence in the areas of property development feasibility analysis, and provide students insight into day-to-day matters of the property development profession.
Martin is the recipient of 2018 UTS Vice Chancellor Alumni of the Year Award and is competitive sailor being the current Etchells World Champion 2018.