Meet the Team
Julian Frecklington is an Expert Advisor to HillPDA on governance strategy, property, and infrastructure advisory services. His role would include facilitating complex interactions between government and industry and assisting clients in delivering major projects, including schools, hospitals, metro precincts, and mixed-use developments.
Over his 20 year career, Julian has developed a unique combination of public and private sector experience, gained through diverse leadership roles including COO of UrbanGrowth NSW, National Manager at Stockland, a lawyer at Clayton Utz, and strategy consultant at Bain & Company.
Julian holds a double degree in Law and Civil Engineering (Hons 1), an MBA (Vice Chancellor’s Award), and a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. He has also completed the Harvard Leadership Program for Senior Executives.
Julian also is a member of the Expert Review panels for Infrastructure NSW, Infrastructure SA and Projects Victoria. He is also a member of the Central Sydney Planning Committee and the Advisory Council for School Infrastructure NSW, which oversees a $7bn capital works program.
Professional memberships & recent client engagements
- School Infrastructure NSW – Member of the Advisory Council
- Central Sydney Planning Committee – Alternate Member
- Infrastructure NSW – Member of the Expert Review Panel
- Projects Victoria – Member of the Expert Panel for infrastructure projects
- NSW Health – 20 Year Infrastructure Strategy in partnership with EY
- Mirvac – Bid leadership and tactical advice for complex mixed-use projects
- GPT – Strategy and commercial advice for Metro / town centre redevelopments
- Cross River Rail – Market engagement and OSD strategies for key Metro precincts
- Infrastructure Australia – New ‘placed-based’ models for infrastructure planning
- NSW Land & Housing Corp. – Strategic consulting and business development processes
- Sydney University – Business case for a new biomedical centre in partnership with EY
- Health Infrastructure NSW – Governance & portfolio strategies for major precincts
- Tafe NSW – Strategic support for procurement relating to the 20 Yr infrastructure strategy
- Greater Sydney Commission – Strategic advice to the CEO on organisational change
- NSW Department of Planning – Policy advice for compact housing & regional planning
- Property Council of Australia – Joint paper on precinct and project acceleration strategies